Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Pregnancy Tag

Long time coming...Munchkin's Mom's tag on pregnancy.

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
Not at all! It was a total shock.




Dharamsala, India; 2007. Love the mountains in the background. I was probably very early stage preggo in this pic. (Can I ever fit into that kurti again? Or have that body again?)


2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
Yes!



A business school (old palace converted) in Shimla, India. Probably early stage preggo in this pic.
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
Bawled my eyes out. Was certain that life as I knew it,was over. (I'm copying Munchkin's Mom on this one!)


Taj Resort, Maldives. 2007. Not sure if I was preggo in this pic...but this is probably where he was conceived! :-D

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Noooo waaaay.




Shimla, India. 2007. Sun in our eyes, with a glimmer of baby. Little did we know!


5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 28


6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
HA...I am probably one of the few who went in to the dermatologist office to get checked for acne, and came out with the news that I was in the very early stages of pregnancy!



At our Seattle reception, Jan 2008. We revealed to everyone that we were expecting during a slideshow. I love this pic because the kids were drawn to the cake like a magnet...so excited! And that's my dear friend Shilpa on the side, setting up some music.


7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?My sister in law, G, and then sister in law's husband (in that order...sis in law and her hubby are both doctors, so naturally I consulted them!) They were all in the room when I found out. Mom in law thought I had a horrible disease that we were all whispering about.


November 2007, my sister in law is on the right and her husband is on the left. (Not preggo in this pic FYI)

8. DUE DATE?August 18th 2008

9. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
Yes. And every other symptom you can imagine. Go look in a pregnancy reference book...list of symptoms...I had ALL of those.





Swollen feet and ankles on August 17th, 2008. Could not fit into my shoes. And yes, those are scratch marks from my nails. My skin was on fire due to pregnancy PUPPPS.

10. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
LOL hence the name of this blog! Initially I craved salsa with refried beans, and then I just craved salsa on anything, then I craved peanut butter and jelly, then I craved yogurt shakes (lassi). But nothing like the cliche' out at 3am searching for food types. They were manageable cravings.





Preggo lady on a scooter, Cancun, Mexico, April 2008. My bum hurt SO much after 2 hours on this thing.


Preggo lady with coconuts. Cancun, Mexico, April 2008.



Preggo lady in hotel lobby, Cancun, Mexico April 2008. This was the first time people noticed I was pregnant...we were in the lobby getting Mexican coffee, and the waitress said so when's the baby due? I was so elated because FINALLY I looked pregnant and not just fat!




The Creature from the Black Lagoon. Cancun, Mexico, April 2008. Yes I wore a swimsuit while pregnant. Now that I think about it...I should have gone totally nuts and worn a bikini...every excuse to have my belly sticking out. I got super tanned lying in the sun for 4 days! I just wanted to bake myself in the heat since I'm such a sucker for anything warm. Washington is so dreary, so Cancun sun was a nice change.

11. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
Oh boy here we go. My nose. The fact that I couldn't breath for 7 months. Constant pain in my hips that prevented me from finishing physical work. The itchy skin that kept me up at night. The heartburn. The vomiting and nausea. The sleepless nights that resulted in my sleeping from 6am to 12pm. Sitting in the library doing work projects only to have to use the restroom constantly and blow my nose every 5 mins, much to the chagrin of folks around me.

As for people, no one really irritated me, everyone in my family and friends was supportive. G, however... no comment! Hehe.

April 2008, Cancun, Mexico. The stage where you know you are pregnant, but other people need to take a second guess...easily mistaken for having a large beer belly. I was SO tan in this pic! I'm slowly getting my normal complexion back...Seattle will do that to you! Although I have to say, I sort of enjoyed being tan...I didn't need concealer or bronzer!


12. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD’S SEX?Male


13. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
We were happy with anything. I had dreams it would be a boy.


14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
50 lbs. Holy cow!

About to pop. August 17th, 2008.



15. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
Yes.




June 2008. Huge. With cinnamon fried icecream and bro. He's probably a fifth of my weight in this pic! LOL.


16. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
I knew.


17. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
Thyroid issues arose, but other than that was fine (except for pesky symptoms).


18. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Bellevue, Washington.





Independance Day (July 2008) at a baseball game (WA vs. Michigan)

19. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
Let's see...Contractions were uncomfortable at 11pm. Then by next morning I was in moaning type pain. In hospital at 3pm. I pushed for 20 mins, and then Om came out at 8pm. So I was in manageable labor for 20 hours, and only pushed for 20 minutes...which I attribute to a small baby and lots of squats, yoga, walks, and massage.

20. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL/BIRTH CENTER? Technically, I drove myself to the clinic for my final checkup with the doc, and then G met up with Mom and I and he drove us to the hospital.

21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
A whole big party. LOL. My Mom, G, the doctor, 2 nurses, and an intern nurse. It was great. We should have had party hats, streamers, and noise makers. And don't forget cake. Mmmm. Cake.
Note to preggo ladies...get your nails done....pedicure etc...haircut...facial...whatever you need to do. Because you will look like CRAP while in labor.

22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
Natural.

23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
HECK YEAH...epidural.

24. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
6.5 lbs.

25. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ?
Right on time. August 18th.

26. WHAT WAS YOUR REACTION WHEN THE DOCTOR ANNOUNCED THE SEX OF THE BABY?
We already knew!

27. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST REACTION ON SEEING THE BABY?
I was in a daze, so I just held Om and stared at him while everyone oohed and aahed around me.

28. DID YOU CRY?
No

29. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
Om


30. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY
7 months


















He looks like his Mommy, but I have to say in this pic his Daddy's dimpled chin is clearly showing!

I'm probably the last person to do this tag, so if you haven't already done this, you are it!

5 comments:

Menaka D said...

Nice pics!
I scratch my belly non-stop from the beginning of my pregnancy till now. Man, it feels sooo good! But my poor tummy...*sob sob sob* it's full with scratch marks now. Looks really hideous but oh well, I don't regret:P

I have this questionnaire saved in my folder; I'm still waiting for my baby to pop out for me to answer some questions.

Ahhh, I've waited extra one week. Ohhh, the agony! :(

Chikki said...

Menaka - I understand your agony! Take some warm baths for the itchiness and apply cortisone cream, it may help! Keep that area moisturized.

Cant wait to read this questionaire after your baby arrives!

Priyanka said...

LOVED the pictures and your replies. You really had loads of fun during your pregnancy, travelled to Cancun, thats so cool! And that pic of Om is just so cute.

Mama - Mia said...

Loved loved loved you tag!! :) and you had such a blast woman! and i love all your clothes! i was stuck with boring clothes! maternity wear was just taking off in india then!

and OM looks totally edible! :)

cheers!

abha

Unknown said...

a-w-e-s-o-m-e post! Loved your fun replies and the fact that you peppered them with some really cool pics..bahut mazaa aaya :)

p.s: also finally found out why your blog is named so :)