Thursday, January 15, 2009

Pretty Breakfast


Was going through some photos and found a pic of the New Year's Day breakfast I made. Whole wheat buttermilk pancakes (eggless) with whole cream (from scratch) and blueberry topping. The drink is a home made vanilla cafe latte...it was delicious but fattening and took some time to let the vanilla bean soak into the milk.

Oh and vanilla beans are SO expensive! The cheapest I found was at Whole Foods (surprisingly, since they are so pricey for everything else). This will be a rare thing, because I refuse to buy this spice again unless necessary. I can invest in a bottle of vanilla coffee syrup instead. :-)
Other list of things I find ridiculously overpriced:
- Baby Corn (love adding this to everything)
- chopped nuts, i.e. pine nuts, walnuts, pecans, almonds.
- coconut milk (oh and why don't they make it in half can size? when will we ever use a whole can of it?)
- baby formula - the cheapo formula does not suit Om well...so we are buying the expensive stuff. I wonder what makes the difference in digestion?


2 comments:

Mama - Mia said...

i bow thee you kitche godess!

and i ofcos hate you for being so good at it! :p

cheers!

abha

Jo-Ann said...

Oh yum! I too bow down to you!

As for swimming lessons, I tried when my boys were younger but found the parented classes were more games and very little skill (but a fun activity). My youngest is 4, almost 5, and in his first unparented class. He seems to be learning quite a bit already.

So the best age? I have no idea. lol