Thursday, January 8, 2009

Review of Resolutions from 2007

In January of 2007, I posted the following resolution list in my previous blog which is no longer updated. In bold I'm commenting on whether any of those resolutions were kept.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't believe in resolutions, because they usually just fail anyhow.But here are some "goals" to aim for in 2007:

1. Pass the Washington winter bar exam. (DONE!!!)

2. Lose at least 15 lbs before my wedding in November. (I know I should be more specific with this goal, but whatever) (I lost about 10 lbs, and was firmer and more fit, and was very happy with how I looked on my wedding day and honeymoon)

3. Get married (I added this because the wedding date keeps getting postponed...) (DONE LOL)

4. Love EVERYONE more. Forgive more. Forget more. (I'm not sure, but I hope so)

5. To not be such a freaking elephant in terms of memory & sensitivity. I can't seem to remember law terminology, but I sure can remember mean words and neglect from my loved ones. (Totally failed in this resolution. After pregnancy and a new baby, I've gone through major mood overhauls and minor depression).

6. SHOW more love, whether in words or affection. (I think I do this more)

7. Get a physical, including cholesteral and thyroid checks. (Done. Actually, it took me getting pregnant for the smartest OBGYN (he's really experienced) to discover that I had a "hidden" thyroid issue that didn't show up on the first glance of my hormone levels. It required more probing into my antibody levels. I instinctively always knew I had a thyroid issue, this just confirmed it)

8. Pay off my car. (DONE Yaaaay)

9. Remind mom about her health and excercise more often. (Total failure)

10. Stop clicking my nails. I get 'em long, and then I do this clicking thing that I'm sure annoys everyone around me (especially G, hehe). (Oh boy, anyone can attest that I still do this)

11. Get a family potrait (everyone in my fam, including G the next time he visits and Jackie, our dog) done. (Done, but with G, Om and MIL, not my parents. That will have to be done some other time when we are all in Minnesota again).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All in a year's work. Good going on those resolutions girl. Now if I could have a similarly completed list next year...sigh!