Monday, June 23, 2008

3rd Trimester

Depending on how you count it, I'm at 31 or 32 weeks. Contrary to what I've been told, so far the third trimester is 10x better than the 2nd trimester.

2nd Trimester I was miserable with congestion. MISERABLE. I fell asleep fearing for my life, that I would choke to death on mucous. That's why I would go to bed late and wake up early, because frankly sleeping was no longer any fun or relaxing. Traveling was a b*tch, the airplane rides were uncomfortable due to the sinus pressure. My hormones were raging, and I felt like my to - do list would never end. My hip pains were unbelievably untolerable, but I couldn't just sit around all day.

Fingers are crossed for this trimester. So far so good...my hip pain is still bad, but the bones have stretched to their maximum now and I'm not limping as much as I used to. I can tolerate single positions for a longer period of time now.

The best part - my congestion is better. I fall asleep with at least one nostril open so I'm not paranoid of choking. I usually awake to the beautiful and never again taken for granted feeling of BOTH nostrils wide open. Now I get more than just the tossing and turning of 4 hours of sleep. During the day the congestion returns but I've been able to handle that.

My body seems to be returning to semi-normal state...well if you don't count the extra weight and the ginormous bump. Getting out of bed in the morning is quite ridiculous. This morning I misjudged how much room I had on the edge of the bed and practically fell out. The center of gravity is slightly off, so it's hard to catch yourself before you land safely.

No comments: